,

,

Monday, June 8, 2009

mommy 101

you learn in mommy 101 that you are NOT to compare your children! not to any other children. and especially siblings!! what a no no!!! well yea - whatever. truth be told - ya just do! from the moment you get pregnant, you start comparing. not good vs. better, but same vs. different. we all know each human being is unique and a complete individual... blah, blah, blah. we are really all the same, but different. different, but the same.

when adelyn was born, right away people started comparing her looks to elena's. it seems everyone remembered elena being born with those light eyes, skin and hair. not so. anyway - you be the judge. cuz here, by popular demand, are some comparison pictures of their first few months.

my verdict = the same, but different. different, but the same. definitely related. and of course, both gorgeous. and i'm not biased at all....

elena newborn

adelyn newborn

elena one week

adelyn one week

elena 3 weeks

adelyn 3 weeks

elena one month

adelyn one month

elena 6 weeks

adelyn 6 weeks

elena 6 weeks

adelyn 6 weeks (oh my - i'm actually wearing the same t-shirt in these pics)

elena 2 months

adelyn 2 months

elena 2 months

adelyn 2 months

elena 2 months

adelyn 2 months

what's your verdict?

"A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double." ~Toni Morrison

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think those first couple weeks they look IDENTICAL but as they get older, I can definitely see them looking different. Related for sure, but each taking their own special looks. Both so cute and can't wait to see them keep growing.

heidi said...

I have to agree with you Mols; the same, but different :)
They are both beautiful!!!
Love you

Donna said...

HUMMMMM most difinitely SISTERS but there is something different about them I am not sure yet what it is...who cares they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

The Roose Family said...

Ditto, ditto, & ditto...definitely two gorgeous little sisters!

amber ceresa said...

wow i cant believe how much they look alike! Especially in the little 'Bear Naked' outfit!

jason said...

I love the last picture of adelyn! If everyone in the world permanently had that smile, how could anyone be in a bad mood?

Nicole said...

I think as they are getting older they look more alike. I'm in awe of the 2 month pictures...it would be hard to the them apart! Adelyn's smile in the last picture is great! You guys have some beautiful baby girls!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails